Google home devices are quite popular smart devices or home accessories these days. A lot of people use it as speakers and others actually use the smart features. Smart features include the guest mode, google assistant, using smart devices like Android TV, etc with it and making internet searches as well. Most everyone uses such devices over WiFi and it makes sense for a stable internet connection. At times when you use the guest mode you and you don’t want to share your WiFi with other things are different.
Guest mode allows the devices connected as guest to cast through the google home devices. You might want the guest to actually use the cellular 4G internet rather than sharing your WiFi passwords.
In this article, we will tell you how you can enable the Google home guest mode and how to enable Google home guest mode to cast without WiFi. Without enabling the guest mode others can’t use the Google home device of yours in any way. So enable it with the simple steps given below.
Enable Google Home Guest Mode
- Open the Google home app and go to the device settings. It’s basically located on that of the top right of the screen. In the device setting just select guest mode from the triple dot option on the top right of the screen.
- In the guest mode, you need to switch it on here by the switch next to the guest mode option. A pin will be available under guest mode once you turn it on.
The pin you got from guest mode is what you need to connect to Google home device. More than one guests can use this pin to connect to the speaker. The time you enable guest mode on Google home the guest, the speaker would connect facilely. Now is the turn for enabling the Google home guest mode to cast without WiFi. hog on to the steps below-
- Make sure you have a working internet connection. Check your network before doing anything so the music you play remains smooth and uninterrupted.
- Now using any of the music apps you prefer that have cast feature start casting through the Google.
- Do the pairing manually if it doesn’t happen automatically. Mostly the auto pair works just fine. To manually pair the device give the device pin to the app and you should be good to go in the pairing. Next, you do is play whatever you feel like playing.
This is just the best you can do for keeping your WiFi safe and using the Google play speaker. After finishing all these steps the Google home guest mode cast over 4G cellular internet is enabled and the WiFi is not needed.